Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Instead, I shall revert to that old faithful, and share with you all the things that I have learnt over the past week or so.
1. Men's Toilet Time is a long and involved subject. It involves considerations that I would never have ... considered. And I for one am glad that I choose to do my reading elsewhere.
2. Five year old boys are the most deliciously maddening creatures ever invented. Even more so than four year old boys, which is saying something. How can one small person be so utterly, utterly revolting one minute and so incredibly delightful the next? It must be exhausting.
3. Dolores Umbridge is possibly one of J.K. Rowling's best characters. My lip curls into a sneer every time I read her name. Mr8 is intoxicated with Harry Number Five and cannot believe how big he is for managing to be halfway through such an enormous tome. Really, it's all about size, isn't it?
4. Women are their own worst enemies when it comes to selling themselves. Of course you can do it. You are already doing it, it's just called something else. Men do not have these doubts (clearly they use all that Toilet Time for positive affirmations).
5. The Spice Girls are very hard to explain to anyone who has never seen them before.
6. It is possible to feel unbelievably happy for someone you've never met. I was beyond thrilled for Anna Meares when she won her gold medal. Hers touched me like no-one else's.
7. People are amazingly generous with the time, knowledge and expertise if you ask them the right way. Really.
8. I need to drink more water. It is possible that I need to sign up for a two-hourly reminder. I must remember to ask Maxabella for a recommendation.
9. I am finally at the point where I can see through the weeds to the trees with my new garden. I was out there watering it this evening, breathing deeply as the scent of the salvias rose on the mist from the hose, and I thought how blessed I am.
10. It occurs to me that with one husband and two boys in my home, I am in for many, many years of Men's Toilet Time ahead. Sob.
What did you learn this week?